Banking Law and Practice in India (Set of 3 Volumes)
This book is a comprehensive reference work discussing the operational and regulatory aspects of banking laws. The commentary in volumes 1 & 2 is arranged thematically explaining key concepts and areas such as Financial Institutions in India, Global Banking Institutions, Dishonor of Cheques, Loans and Advances, and Recovery of Debts. It provides an in-depth analysis on various aspects relating to functioning of banks. Reference to relevant RBI master circulars and allied legislation has been included to provide a holistic view. Volume 3 of the book includes all the relevant statutes and regulations with section-wise comments on the critical enactments such as Banking Regulation Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, and State Financial Corporation Act.
- Comprehensive commentary of banking laws and practices in India
- Examines the provisions of key legislations governing the banking sector including:
- Banking Regulation Act
- Negotiable Instruments
- Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993
- Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
- Developments covered in the new edition:
- Impact of the RERA, 2016.
- Effect of the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 2016.
- Demonitisation and the landmark cases pertaining to it.
- Digitisation in the banking industry including e
- signatures, e-KYC, payment banks, pre-paid payment instrument norms and rise of cyber fraud and crime.
- Nationalisation of Banks with respect to the awaited merger of SBI and its subsidiaries.
- Latest schemes in social banking pertaining to affordable housing.