Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
About the Book
Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 has been designed to provide a practical approach by providing all the relevant information under each section, the related rules, regulations and schedules while also including the case law and other allied laws at one place.
• Text of the section of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 along with the following:
– Date on which the section was enforced.
– Relevant Rule(s) and Regulation(s) reproduced at the exact place within the sub-section/ Proviso where it is referred.
– Subsequent Amendments
– Other Sections referred to in the Act.
– Referred provision of other law in the Act.
– Decided case law.
• To provide an overall understanding of the law, a concise commentary in the form of “Overview of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” has been provided.
• To provide a practical understanding, the book contains the procedures under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
• To provide quick access to various important information at one place, the following easy to understand tables have been provided: –
– Enforcement Status of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
– Grounds on which petitions for insolvency resolution were rejected;
– Gist of decided cases;
– Offences and penalties under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
– List of Special Courts Notified under Section 435 of the Companies Act, 2013;
– List of NCLT benches
• The book provides text of the following: –
– Rules and Regulations made under the Code;
– Notifications, Orders & Circulars issued under the Code;
– Insolvency Professionals to act as Interim Resolution Professionals or Liquidators (Recommendations) Guidelines, 2018;
– The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Repeal Act, 2003 as amended by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and the Removal of Difficulties Order;
– The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions, Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy of Individuals and Partnership Firms Act, 1993;
– The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002;
– The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act, 2017;
– Report of the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee.
– Report of the Joint Committee of Parliament.
– Report of the Insolvency Law Committee
About the Author
Corporate Professionals, a one stop solution to all its clients, is a pioneer in delivering innovative and distinguished corporate business solutions through a unique model of integrated financial and legal consulting services. The Group comprises of a distinctively positioned Law Firm rendering high quality comprehensive Corporate Laws Services specializing in Companies Act, Securities Law, FEMA, Tax & Regulatory services as well as a separate Merchant Banking Company (SEBI Cat-I license) with Boutique Investment Banking & Transaction Advisory services. High Integrity and Confidentiality in dealing with clients and assignments undertaken is deeply inculcated in the team.