The Law Lexicon – The Encyclopaedic Law Dictionary with Legal Maxims, Latin Terms, Words and Phrases
The forthcoming edition will include judicial interpretation from the latest landmark as well as other important decisions of the Supreme Court and various High Courts. Widely cited in the judgments of High Courts and Tribunals, this forthcoming edition contains approximately 2000 new definitions covering Supreme Court and High Court judgments as well as Central Acts, Rules and Regulations. It also includes a collection of Latin terms, Legal Maxims and definitions from emerging areas of law. A detailed list of abbreviations will be compiled to help readers navigate easily through the volume.
The work also includes:-
- Entries from emerging areas of law covering Information Technology, Cyber Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property Rights and International Trade and Commerce.
- Terms from specialized areas such as commerce, stock exchange, forensic medicine, mercantile, maritime and military law,
- Numerous special terms governing customs, which are prevalent in many parts of India, Words peculiar to Hindu Law, Muslim Law and the other personal laws,
- Words, phrases and expressions which are peculiar to English Statutes, decisions and treatises that have made their entry in Indian legal literature,
- Collection of Latin terms, Legal Maxims, Historical/Archival words, definitions from standard legal textbooks, European legal terms, and Indian regional terms.