In view of the increasing involvement of Technology in all walks of life, an understanding of the regulatory framework governing its use and misuse is essential for all. Technology Laws Decoded was conceived to become a single point reference on substantive and procedural aspects of Cyber Laws.
Technology Laws Decoded is a seminal work on Cyber Laws. The book carves out the dalliance between Constitution, Crimes, IPR and Contracts with technology laws, thereby evolving into a separate field of study. The book addresses procedural complexities through detailed analyses of Electronic Evidence and Jurisdiction in Cyberspace.
The author, Ms. N. S. Nappinai, Advocate has adopted an engaging and thematic approach to deliver a holistic and comprehensive perspective to cyber laws. Her scholarly analysis of the humungous topics ranging from Cyber policies; Cyber warfare and terrorism; cyber crimes; impact of the cyber domain on media and entertainment, gaming, animation, sports, personality rights, to name a few, makes the book relevant for all readers including legislators and policy makers; judiciary, armed forces, intelligence agencies, police, legal practitioners, businesses, industries and students.
- Comprehensive commentary on Cyber Laws in India.
- Provides 360° view of cyber laws through a study of the interplay of technology with different branches of law including: Technology and Constitution; Technology and Crimes, IPR, Contracts
- Delves into procedural aspects of Jurisdiction and Electronic Evidence, impacted by technological developments
- Thematically arranged chapters discuss interplay of provisions of (i) Information Technology Act, 2000 (ii) Indian Penal Code, 1860 (iii) Indian Evidence Act, 1882 (iv) Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973; Indian Constitution; IP Enactments; and Contracts Act, 1872;
- Includes comparative analysis of the law in India with other evolved jurisdictions including, where applicable, UK, EU, USA, Canada, and Singapore
- Flow-charts, diagrams and figures have been included to explain Techno-legal aspects & the legal provisions.
- Discusses several aspects including cyber terrorism, existing frameworks for cyber warfare and cyber policies including for emerging technologies including Cloud Computing, Drones and Internet of Things.
“Technology Laws Decoded … analyses existing law governing technology in depth …(and) the gaps in it and suggests measures to remedy them. Ms Nappinai has brought to the book her extensive legal expertise…”
MP, Rajya Sabha and Member, Parliamentary Standing Committee on IT
“Ms Nappinai has through her authorial work… unraveled the laws regulating use of cyberspace and technology both in India and internationally…”
Chief Executive Officer, NITI Aayog
“Technology Laws Decoded by N S Nappinai meets the challenge posed by cyberspace and disappearance of boundaries by giving a holistic picture of laws and precedents from various jurisdictions…”
Attorney-at-law, Bern, Switzerland
Past President of the International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
“Ms Nappinai’s book … is being published at an appropriate time. …The author lucidly explains the role of technology vis-à-vis cyber-crimes, intellectual property and contracts…. a useful addition to all cyberspace and technology enthusiasts, students, academicians, lawyers and non-lawyers as well.”
Senior Advocate, Supreme Court & Former Solicitor General of India
“Ms Nappinai … succinctly delineates the evolving domain of Technology Laws governing Cyberspace…. The compendium of cases, judgments from across the world… makes it a ready reckoner for both legal practitioners and Professionals of Technology Industry.”
CEO, Data Security Council of India (DSCI), A division of NASSCOM